Welcome to Boxworkstudio!

“It is the function of art to renew our perception. What we are familiar with we cease to see…” Anais Nin

Artist’s statement:

I have been exploring “Found Art” since 2007. Of all the various forms of artistic expression I have attempted throughout my life, I find this to be the most freeing and satisfying.

I have always felt the need to tell a story in my creative process. The objects themselves indicate to me what the narrative will be.

It is so exciting to take disparate objects like a child’s toy, a scrap of wood, or an old piece of jewelry, and experience that “ah-ha” moment when they transform into a vital element in a story of morality, beauty, spirituality, and more.

I may give the observer hints as to the stories that lie within through the titles of my work, but am happiest when people make their own connections for themselves. There is no “right or wrong” way to interpret these pieces.

I hope you will become engaged in the little worlds I have set before you. Have fun!!!

-Angela Petruncio

Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Laura's Box" Begun November 1, 2007







Close up of middle block reverse side





Finished work reverse (left) front (right)








This box was begun the 1st of November 2007 in honor of my mother, Laura, who passed away on November 1, 2006 at the age of 94. She will always be my best friend.








First iteration, Nov 1st

No comments: